So happy that WebAssembly and emscripten has matured to the point that Qt is easily able to deploy apps to the browser. They provide several examples. I’ve followed their wiki using Qt 5.15.1 with emsk 2.0.2 and sucessfully compiled and ran these examples you can try out in the browser:
- Hello Window test to render a 3D opengl object.
- Text Editor minimal text editor (though typing doesn’t work!)
- QML Oscilloscope renders sine waves, resizable.
Qt is currently actively developing this feature, see status of:
- https://github.com/msorvig/qt-webassembly-examples updates with new examples.
- https://msorvig.github.io/qt-webassembly-examples contains live versions of some.
- https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-63917 is the “EPIC” bug report reporting progress!